The Curse of the Carnivore - A short film to remember!


https://youtu.be/VdygAUlMMxg


This was another film project I participated in. I was eager to practice speaking parts. Before this I was too afraid to have to memorize lines. Since this was a personal project of a young student I felt that it would be the perfect opportunity to try out learning a script! I really enjoyed playing the part of the "Crazy Eccentric Lady" in this 'Groundhog Day"-style film.



I learned a lot from the experience. Acting is actually not all about learning lines!!! Suddenly I realized I need to invent the character - the crazy eccentric lady. Who was she, what did she look like, what was her story, how does she walk and talk and why and on and on. Phew! I'm so glad Kevin trusted me to do the part!!



Give Kevin a "THUMBS UP" for his first try at filmmaking. He, too, realized it's not so easy! Next time he'll have a better idea of taking care of the sound and lighting.



I have since been taking acting lessons with Actor/Director Chase Lee! He specializes in the Meisner Acting Technique. I'm coming along slowly but surely. I'm not totally new to acting. I had done some acting in Israel (from around 1977 - 1998) mostly for children's performances and also improvisational theater. I learned a bit back then. What I am doing now is VERY different. Movies, commercials and such. It's a "horse of a different color" all around. More on that in a separate blog post!



I hope you enjoy Kevin's film project and special message.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY