An Entertainer in South Korea (1)


This acting reel was edited by Eran Limor! Thank you with all my heart and love! 

   I actually did not come to South Korea to become an actor or to become immersed in the entertainment biz. Though I did come in pursuit of a Korean singer. My main goal was to offer him an original song because I know it belongs to him. Yes, I have many songs that I can call my own, but this one belongs to him. Such is the true nature of songwriting. Anyway, that's a long story and I believe I have already told some of it somewhere in this blog! 

   I came to Korea as a traveler. It was a place in a part of the world I had never been. My plan was to stay a few months then continue my travels around this side of the world. However, G-d seems to have had other plans for me...

   After my first month exploring Seoul I went South to a port city called Busan. I fell in love with Busan and stayed for about 9 months (though two of those months were spent back in Seoul). I spent five of those months in a language cafe work exchange program. Accommodations & food were given in exchange for speaking 16 hours weekly to local Koreans. My intention and goal was to meet local people and learn about Korea through them. The experience was a success. So much so that I chose to stay longer and longer until finally I was living in a rented room. 

   Having to pay rent led me to needing an income which led me to finding a job. After praying NOT to become an English teacher I was led to an entertainment agency in Seoul. I met the CEO's and after a few interviews and biz-checks I was signed on as an actor, a model and musician. I moved to Seoul and at age 65 have started a new career in South Korea!!! 

   Wait, what? 

   Yes, Since May 2019 I have been working in Seoul, South Korea as an ACTOR, MODEL & MUSICIAN!!!! Honestly I can hardly believe it myself. Especially when I tell people my age!! But here it is and that's how it happened. 

   I have only good things to say so far about this new installment in my life. Koreans are honest, hard-working, kind and respectful people. In a short six months I've worked on three major films with award-winning directors and top Korean celebrity actors. I've been in two music videos, one with a celebrity singer from Taiwan and another with a Korean K-pop singer with a beautiful voice and personality. I've done a number of commercials and was a vocal coach for a children's theater production of The Wizard of Oz. Yes, the kids performed it in ENGLISH!! Amazing and beautiful Korean kids with a super nice director. 

   I have also become an "honorary journalist" for a Korean celebrity magazine called "Star Today". That's a whole other story which I believe is also in this blog. When I'm not doing any of the above I spend my "free" days busking (street singing) two blocks from where I live. 

   Thank YOU G-D for this life! 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY