An Entertainer in South Korea (2)

This video was produced by Eran Limor and his friend, Aurelia. 
I thank you with all my heart and love! 

   I hope that you have read the first installment of this (blog) series called "An Entertainer in Korea". If not, please do so. It will give you the back story on why I am sharing this "Intro Video" with  you. 

   Since May 2019 I have been living and working in Seoul, South Korea as an ACTOR, MODEL and MUSICIAN. Also as a JOURNALIST/WRITER. 

   Surprisingly, at an age when people my age (a youthful 65) are expected (and very happy) to retire I have started a new career. Well, I should say rather that I have finally taken a step up to the next level in my life-long career. I focused on music education, performance and songwriting for most of the early part of my life. After my children had grown I turned towards using music as a healing and therapeutic tool and became a certified clinical musician (CCM). I did some acting as well but mainly for children's productions. 

   What I am doing now is at a whole new level - very professional. It's actually the entertainment business - yeah, the whole kit & caboodle. "A horse of a different color." (The Wizard of Oz) 

    Here in South Korea I act in major films, commercials, music videos and TV dramas. Admittedly I would be wise to go back to acting school to update and hone in some new knowledge and skills. Yet I seem to be simply immersed in on-the-job training. Heck, I've even had stunt training to learn how to fight, be shot and killed! Yes, I'm having fun! 

   The video above is what is required to get hired. Casting directors, model companies etc. want to see you. They need your specific physical details (ugh - no lying about it - it's for costumes and wardrobe!) and they want to see what you look like (warts and all), how you walk and other such stuff. Actually I really don't know what they are looking for but they always ask for those details. So voila! 

   Another important part of this work is to be seen A LOT. Social media is a must and networking with others in the biz is also mandatory if you want to get work! Everyone is working hard and very long hours. There's a wise saying: "G-d provides for those who provide for themselves". If you don't work hard don't expect to get far. Anyway, feel free to take a look at my website. I do have many websites but this one is specifically designed for the work I am doing now in Seoul. 

   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY