The Healing Light Project - Before Mountains at Yishuv Rakefet


Please enjoy this wonderful video clip from the fabulous tour we had in Israel. This is one of The Healing Light Project's collaborative efforts to fuse our different styles of music into a whole. This is the goal of the project. If we can do this with music then we can also believe that we can connect whole communities together in a positive manner to build world friendships. These are the first steps toward peacemaking!


This is a verse from Psalm 90 put to music by Rahel and arranged for performance by Rahel & Amavevane Acapella under the artistic direction of Mr. Future Moyo. 

The verse jumped out at me in 1995 as I was going through a challenging time in my life. With guitar in hand the melody and chords were gifted me. In 2004 I revisited the song and then recorded it. However, all the years I've had an arrangement floating through my mind. It wasn't until I went to Africa, when I sat down for a first rehearsal with the members of Amavevane Acapella that that arrangement finally came to fruition. I was overjoyed. 

ב  בְּטֶרֶם, הָרִים יֻלָּדוּ--    וַתְּחוֹלֵל אֶרֶץ וְתֵבֵל;
וּמֵעוֹלָם עַד-עוֹלָם,    אַתָּה אֵל.
2 Before the mountains were born, before you set forth the earth and the inhabited world, from world to world You are.... HaShem

We added the section at the end, "From world to world" so that everyone could join in with us. 

There is something very special about singing in Hebrew - especially when in Israel. There is always more than one interpretation of the lyric. In this case, listeners knowledgeable in Biblical discourse have suggested that is not the true meaning of the Hebrew: מֵעוֹלָם עַד-עוֹלָם. They suggest the proper interpretation is closer to "everlasting, eternal".  Either way, in my mind, that is what it means whether we sing it that way or not! 


You can download this song at: 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY