NH4Israel - A History to Remember


https://youtu.be/9HSE4E4eTSY


NH4Israel is New Hampshire for Israel. After living in Israel for twenty-two years I returned to the USA and moved to New Hampshire. My intent was to stay for five years. It turned into twenty! During that time I engaged mostly in and with the local Jewish community. I became a Cantorial Soloist or song leader and educator. I worked in a number of synagogues and with the local Jewish communities all around New Hampshire and in Massachusetts also as a teacher of Hebrew, Music and Jewish Studies. I worked with a wealth of rabbis. I took part in the National Havurah Committee's annual summer and winter retreats conducting workshops and playing music. 

In order to maintain one's Jewish identity in the USA the main place to find Jewish community is at a synagogue. It took some getting used to after living in Israel for so long. In Israel, THE Jewish state and homeland, you don't have to make much of an effort to be Jewish since Jews are the majority. You're just part of the life there. It's wonderful. However in the USA you are a minority. This means you have to make quite a HUGE effort to connect. 

One of the groups I participated in was NH4Israel. The group is comprised of pro-Israel activists of all faiths, shapes and colors. The only requirement is to be pro-Israel. NOT J-Street style but REAL pro-Israel! Love of Israel in all ways without conditions. 

Please enjoy the film above and learn about what Israel lovers in New Hampshire are doing to bring the TRUTH about Israel to the local community and world! 















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY