Lifestyle Modeling in Seoul, South Korea

    I've been living in South Korea since July 2018 and in Seoul since May 2019. My original plan was just to visit Korea as part of my elder journey around Asia and the Oceana countries. I fell in love with Korea and ended up signing a contract with an agency and getting an E-6 alien resident visa. This enabled me to stay and work in Korea in the Entertainment business. I was given the title of "Actor, Model, Musician". Me? Actor? Well, okay. I do have some acting experience from my residency in Israel. Me? A model? That was new. It was actually quite amusing to think that at age 65 I had become a model! Ah, no, not a fashion model. Though maybe someday a fashion company will realize that even we elders enjoy nice clothes. Clothes that would be custom made to our elder body shapes and sizes. Clothes that would make us look awesomely attractive! Meantime I am working as a "lifestyle" model. 

   In Korea I am usually typecast as a grandmother or someone's mom. I did have one role for a movie as part of a team of actors playing a fairly prominent role in the film. I had to actually get stunt training for it too. That movie is called, "Space Sweepers" (Korean승리호RRSeungriho) and will be released on Netflix. I hope you will see it. I'll be dressed in orange! 

   The videos below will give you a glimpse into the kind of work I've been doing as a "Lifestyle Model". I'm having a lot of fun and am very grateful that Korea has embraced me in this way. 

Visit my official website for more insights and links! http://www.rahelmusic.com


This video was shown as part of the 100th year celebration of the Dong-A Newspaper in Seoul. It was projected on a huge screen on the top of a building in the Gwanhwamun section of town. In just 43 seconds it tells my story about how I came to South Korea as a tourist and ended up staying! 

I was hoping to be able to put some of my Taekwondo skills to work in this one. Sadly I was again typecast as a Granny. Best costume ever though! 

Loved this commercial. The product is very unique. This time I was someone's mom/grandma but looked more like myself! 

I was very excited to finally represent a guitar company. After all I AM a musician first! 

Honestly I'm not really sure who this is for. I think it's a fashion company called "Fill in the Blank - FITB" Whatever it is I had a lot of fun doing it! 

Osstem Implants is a huge company in Korea. This, too, was super fun. It was the moment I had to undo my blue hair - that was so sad - and remain a gray-haired granny in order to get more work. The most amusing moment making this film was trying to keep our mouths open while they filmed us opening wide. Our tongues kept moving in the process! Everyone was laughing as we tried to keep our tongues under control! Who knew?

Jiipkey Smart Lock commercial was among the first that I did. The moment it was time to film the scene in the car the rain poured down. I felt like a real pro when the crew stood around covering me up with their umbrellas! 

The metro or subway system in Korea is awesome. This was really the first commercial or marketing shoot I had. They didn't mind my blue hair. I was cast as a passenger. The GIMPO Goldline was just being launched and this was a training film for the employees. The actual film was 10 minutes long so I just edited out the excerpts that I was featured in. 

PIVO is a really cool new gadget. You put your cellphone on the "stand" and the camera follows you as you move around. They told me to act wild and zany. My forte I guess! LOL

Sometimes, while we're waiting around for our particular film shoot which could be many hours later, we meet each other and end up making our own little commercials. I had a blast making this one with Isaac of the "Ghana Twins". It has a very good message too! 

I had a blast learning how to maneuver a little drone for this commercial! 


I hope you enjoyed these short video clips and getting a glimpse into what "Lifestyle Modeling" is all about. There are more commercials on the horizon yet to be released. I look forward to my continued career in Seoul! 




















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011