Seoul Music

   I've been back in Seoul for the past month. I haven't engaged in sightseeing the way I did when I first arrived last year in July. I came this time hoping to learn more about the music scene and to see if I might find a place in it. This time I've been looking for gigs - places where I might be able to share my own songs with an interested audience. At some point I would like to study more about Korean traditional music and  instruments but for now I am exploring my own path.

   In modern day Seoul there is a wealth of venues where artists can put themselves on display. Musicians can be found performing their own original music, as well as the songs and music of well-known artists in all styles and genres, in clubs, restaurants, bookstores and outside in the designated busking areas. There is also a section of the city, the Nakwon Arcade, that houses a strip mall just for music stores.

Image result for nakwon music arcade jongno-gu seoul

   Seoul is definitely the city for arts and culture; a huge overwhelming city with lots to do day and night.

   In the short month I've been here I've booked eight performances, attended one theatrical performance at the amazing Sejong Theater (Flashdance - brilliant!), enjoyed the exhibits at the Seoul Art Center (Picasso and Cubism), both thanks to my journalist friend Mr. K, and even stepped out one cold afternoon for busking. I've met so many nice people, venue owners, musicians all too happy to share and network with, and some brilliantly talented musicians with whom I have had the good fortune to actually perform.

   If you're looking for Korean arts and culture then Seoul is a great place to visit. There's lots of historical sites too. You can peruse my blog to learn more! Meantime I will point you to some links where you can enjoy my performances at the local clubs in Seoul! Share the gift of music!

My Google Album

My YouTube Channel


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY