Mystery Surprise - An Actor for a Korean TV Favorite Show

 Hi Everyone, 


If you'd like to see the actual episodes from the re-enactment show, "Mystery Surprise", you can CLICK HERE! Enjoy! 


Somehow G-d brought me to South Korea. I had a wonderful first year as a traveler. I loved living in Korea and wanted to stay longer so I would have to apply for a working Visa. It would have been easy to hop on board as an English teacher. In fact I was even offered a job teaching. But at age 65 I really didn't want to spend my time in Korea tied down as a educator. The hours would be long and would restrict my movement considerably. 


I literally looked upwards towards the heavens and prayed that I could find a job preferably as a musician - but definitely NOT as an English teacher. Two days later, I kid you not, I was referred to an Entertainment agency. The CEO's of "DXD Entertainment", a company that represents "foreigners" were actually coming to Busan where I was living at the time. We met for a few hours and planned a second meeting in Seoul allowing me time to think it over. After the second meeting and a thorough review of the contract (Q & A and double check with a Korean friend) I signed on. The Visa process took about two more weeks, including a short trip to the Korean Embassy in Hong Kong (you have to apply from abroad) and voila, I had suddenly been transformed into an "Actor, Model, Musician". 


Needless to say I have spent most of my life focusing on music, music performance and education. However I had done some acting in Israel for children's productions and improvisational theater. Though it was in the late 1970's into 1990's as a side interest of sorts. I admit that I was very amused at the thought of being label "model" at this age! Yet it is this age group that is actually needed in South Korea. There are next to no other female older models for lifestyle modeling work. 


This new career required a move to Seoul where I would be able to find more work. So in May 2019 I moved to Seoul and started a new chapter in my life. 


In January I realized I had better hone in some acting skills, techniques and tools. Luckily an acting director and coach from Australia was visiting his Korean family. He offered a two-week introductory course in English on the "Meisner Acting Technique". I jumped on the opportunity. When Corona hit the world he offered a continuing class online. So I have been studying with Director Chase Lee since then. I have MUCH still to learn for sure but I have had some definite opportunities to try out my new skills. 


"Mystery Surprise" is a weekly well-loved re-enactment style TV show on Korea's MBC TV channel. The stories are really what pull the viewers in while the acting, I admit, is not great. Nevertheless the show is quite the hit with over a million viewers every week. So far to date I have appeared in the leading role five times. So I present to you believe the five stories below for your viewing pleasure. 

You can watch them on my website page: http://www.rahelmusic.com/actor--model--korea.html


1. Elsie Eiler is the sole resident of a small town in Minowi, Nebraska. 






2. Maria Assunta left her entire estate to her cat, Tomasso.  










3. Jeanne Calment of France was the oldest living woman who lived to be almost 122 years old according to Guinness. 







4. Wife of Josh Hamilton, Psychotherapist with a heart problem. 









5. Mirjana from Serbia chose to change her gender in order to work until the age of 65 rather then retire at 60. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY