BLUE HAIR??

My hair color is naturally gray. I've added some blue, green and violet. I have to laugh when the younger folk ask me where I got my hair dyed... GRAY!!! 

A friend once suggested I dye my hair black. I didn't see the point. 


I get many compliments about my blue hair. I must give credit to my hairdresser in Busan!! 

When I suggest to people that perhaps they might color their hair too, they decline.

"It wouldn't be right. People would criticize and see me as an outcast," they say. 

Really? Seriously? Is that how they they see me? 

In fact I remember that when I was a youth the older, or elderly, women were dying their hair in pastel colors of pinks and blues. We used to point a finger in judgement. Shame on us!!!

I'm not trying to look younger. I like blue. I like colors. I want to have a colorful life!

Hey! It's time to get "out of your comfort zone". Live life! 

YOLO - - You only live once so make it fun and joyous! 








BLUE HAIR by Rahel
© Ann R. Silverman-Limor June 4, 2019

They look, they stare.
They wonder how I dare
To add a little color...
BLUE HAIR!

I’m free, don’t you see.
I’m just being me.
Life is full of color.
Why be like one another?

Which road will you follow
Today and tomorrow?
Listen to your heart.
Every day make a new start.

What will they say? What will they think?
Dye it black – not pink!
But I like green and purple and
BLUE HAIR!

Life’s too short for retorts.
I like oceans and resorts.
Take a step to be bolder
When you’re young and when you’re older.

Let them look, let them stare
At the colors that you wear.
Invite them to embrace the view.
Remind them they can do it too!
It makes our world a little lighter
When you’re shining even brighter.

So don’t fret, don’t regret.
Never forget
Life is meant for living
For loving and for giving
For showing people that you care.
BLUE HAIR!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY