NEW RELEASE!! Fan Letter: To Dylan from Israel

 

"Collaboration with Rahel has been a pleasure.  
I think her music gives the words the right energy." 
(Esther Cameron)



I am proud and thrilled to announce the release of another musical collaboration. 
A great addition to our HEALING LIGHT PROJECT




   While in Israel, as part of my 2018 traveling and touring, my good friend introduced me to a fabulous woman who is a poet and author. Minna Leah had a hunch we might get along. We did. (Thank you!) 






   Esther Cameron is a poet, essayist and translator with a Ph.D. in German and a J.D.  Born in New York, grew up in Madison, Wisconsin, has lived in Cambridge MA, Berkeley CA, Buffalo NY, Seattle WA, and Jerusalem, Israel; now lives in Ma'aleh Adumim (on the way from Jerusalem to the Dead Sea) and writes mostly in Hebrew.  She edits The Deronda Review and Point and Circumference.  Her Collected Works in six volumes are available on www.amazon.com.


  Esther has an interesting life story of which I am slowing learning as we get to know each other. I recommend visiting her websites (listed above) to learn more and read her works. 
   
   As it seems to go with artists, we clicked and began to work together. She showed me some of her poems. I played her some of my songs. When she pulled out the poem; Fan Letter: To Dylan from Israel, (see below) I knew exactly how it had to be sung. After some minor adjustments we went to the a recording studio in the local community center. We got the basic recordings done then sent the tracks to a professional studio engineer in London, England. 

   Gilead Limor worked his magic. The song was now ready to be released. 

   Remember, it's only $1 to listen, share and download. Buying and sharing our products is a very huge way support the arts. 

   Be sure to offer some great feedback & personal reviews too!

   We THANK YOU wholeheartedly. 






FAN LETTER: TO DYLAN FROM ISRAEL
c Lyric: Esther Cameron, Music: Rahel (Ann R. Silverman-Limor)
Dear Bob Dylan -
This may be the 1300th time I’ve thought of writing you
But didn’t think I could climb to where I’d be visible
From the high place you’ve won for yourself
What star wants to hear from a wannabe
From one and the million and one whose songs never sell

Yes, you’re way up there. Everybody thinks they can see you
Do you ever look down or do you figure you have no reason to?
We have lived with your words have you heard all the echoes of your refrain?
Just once I thought I heard you say / you wondered if it had all been in vain?

Were do you live now? Is it mostly in New York or in L.A.?
I am writing to you from Israel, do you think that sometime again you might pass this way?
You know we’re still the neighborhood bully - We could use a bit of support here and there
And it just might turn some people around if you’d write another song stating that you still care

It sure would be good to see you standin’ tall against the Judean Hills
That picture would be worth a million words and a whole lot of thousand dollar bills
It would take some guts but who knows, that just might catch on
And I think that you might find it worthwhile
When you look back on the things that you’ve done

Well I hope this can reach you
Most likely you would rather be left alone
Than hear from a fan of yours and Joan’s in a daybreak that’s long gone
It’s getting darker now - The sun of our youthful visions has set
But the sun seems to keep on rising here
It’s here I’m still gonna place my bet
It’s here I’m still gonna place my bet

credits

from The Healing Light Project AFRICA, track released July 15, 2018
Lyric: Esther Cameron
Music: Rahel (Ann R. Silverman-Limor)

Recorded in Ma'aleh Adumim, Israel
Mix & Master by Gilead Limor in London, England

license


call rights reserved


   





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE GIFT by Rahel via Sadi Khan/Woven Thread Music 2011

I'm a Journalist in Korea 1: CAMPUS ART FAIR at HONGIK UNIVERSITY